We are living in the digital world where instead of talking to customers, brand owners or various businessmen choose to let customers speak to each other by motivating them. This strategy is known as User-generated content.
A UGC or consumer-generated content is content through which people come to know about your brand. It can be created by anyone who represents your business or brand. An UGC content can be content posted on social media as a written review, visualize review, podcasts, and various other modes.
How a user-generated content can help to grow your business?
Nowadays, the top priority for businesses and brands is to engage the consumers and employees so that you can achieve your brand's goals with optimum utilization of resources. From UGC content, a brand can be benefitted by retweeting or reposting their follower's posts, sharing the feedback or experience of their customers, sharing short and valuable gifs, etc. If all these things are used in the right and proper way, a business can enjoy many more benefits apart from their profits.
For every type of business like profit firms, educational institutions, NGOs, and various others, all can use UGC to grow their brand value. User-generated content can give the mentioned below to a business
- User-generated content helps brands and businesses to target their potential and effective customers and communities.
- Through user-generated content, persons can gain trust in the brand.
- UGC will help customers to engage with your brand and this way, your time will also not be wasted on social media.
- Through user-generated content, the various stakeholders and representatives of your business feel equally important as yours.
- Through UGC your customers can share their experience whether good or bad.
- Through user-generated content, you can target and reach long customers at the same time.
Reasons for introducing user-generated content for your business
In today's world, engaging with customers and empowering them is what makes your business grow in terms of popularity and profitability. If you choose to engage with your customers through UGC, you can ensure loyalty between your brand and your customer. About 85% of customers think that UGC is the best way of forming and influencing a brand value.
Any business whether luxury necessity or any start-up company, everyone is shifting its marketing strategy to effective user-generated content marketing. Because through this way, consumers can watch the brand in a new way. The given below are some reasons through which you will get to know how important UGC content will be for your brand.
- UGC helps in embracing authenticity - It's an easy task to create a high-quality video or podcast content for your brand, but not only creating a high-quality video is important, shabby and non-informative video content can ruin your brand value, that's why creating a suitable video is also important.
If your budget is not allowing you to do many expenses on UGC, you can make a normal YouTube video, the best content for your brand by editing it. Because rather than being professional, customers like and engage through the more authentic video. With UGC content, you can showcase your product usage guide by demonstrating it.
- UGC can be a cost-effective solution - If you are thinking that user-generated content can be an expensive thing for your business, then you are wrong. User-generated content is the most affordable marketing solution. Because the brand representative of your business is creating the biggest asset or doing great work for your business.
They are creating video or photo content that can be used forever for your brand by doing some modifications in it timely. This way, you can ensure that your cost is also saving a lotto a high extent with a permanent branding video.
- UGC is easier to track - If you think, with user-generated content, you cannot track your brand or business, then you are wrong. Because with UGC it's very easy to track the growth of your business. The video or review posted can be shown to you in any social media app, through there you can survey by sharing it or by announcing any prize or something which attracts the audience.
You can check the comments on the post or can see how many likes and dislikes or reactions they have got and you can predict the growth of your business.
- Diversifies your content - For running a successful brand recognition with UGC, you need to be fresh and creative all time. That's why you need to modify your user-generated content all time.
But this process doesn't involve every time a new video or podcast is shot, it can be done once and can be used by the brand various times after little editing and creativity. This way, your audience will also stay engaged with your brand, while you can diversify your content.
- To create personalizationon - The most important reason for increasing brand awareness with UGC is to create personalization. With UGC, you can get to know how to relate to customers. You can see their experience and feedback on using your brand product.
Through this way, you can review your product and know whether any improvement is needed or not. It helps to grow your audience well by boosting your SEO and lead generation efforts.
Demonstration of the successful UGC campaigns
So we already got to know about how user-generated content can increase your brand awareness. Not only are you engaging your brand towards user-generated content, but many top brands have also already engaged and are using UGC fully to grow their brand name.
In this section, you will come to know about various brands that are growing their brand with UGC successfully to help you to create your brand campaigns
- Coca-Cola - As we already know about the most famous soft drink brand coca-cola. It has run this campaign with share a coke which became a blockbuster hit. This campaign has made coca-cola the most renowned soft drink brand overnight.
You can also use some catchy titles or taglines to represent your brand. And select a tagline according to your product in which you deal, so that people can share it on social media.
- Netflix - The biggest platform for series and movies, Netflix has got their name by running a UGC campaign front with the tagline of their one show stranger things.
People have used it using hashtags and promoted it so that it would be watched by everyone. You can also try the same by mentioning your one product catchphrase with various catchy hashtags and a supportive description so that people can use it wherever they use your product.
- Adobe - Adobe, the best designing software company which has run its campaign by introducing an art maker series in which designers are asked to share their designs or artwork by using adobe photoshop, illustrator, etc.
You can use it by introducing the content of your products and sharing the experience so that people can get to know about your products and its usage. And for attracting more users you can announce one prize winner.
Tips for encouraging user-generated content for your brand
With UGC, you can build trust and grow the relationship between the audience and your brand. More than 60% of the population says that UGC content is a more effective and generous way of marketing in this digital world.
With UGC, you can also get to know about your brand insights like good or bad words, by reading the comment section of the review post. It is the most important marketing which can build the best brand awareness. But the following tips will encourage you to join the UGC.
- Choose your platform wisely - So before making a UGC, you should know which online platform will be best for your brand to grow. Having an effective and strong online presence is important for creating the best UGC for your brand or business. You can go through the social media platforms which are nowadays in trend and strong to promote your business.
Instagram is the most famous social media platform in which a lot of people spend almost 80% of their day scrolling through IGTVs, newsfeeds, story updates, so this platform can be best for your business to grow.
- Create powerful hashtags - For any business or campaign, hashtags play a vital role. Hashtags can make your ordinary review or video post into the most effective content post. According to your brand, you can create powerful hashtags so that your business grows rapidly.
In a survey, it's approved that if you use hashtags with your UGC, brand awareness will grow automatically by almost 17%. Just like the above-given examples of UGC campaigns of the well-recognized brands, they have used attractive hashtags and quotes to recognize their brand products easily.
- Collect independent customer reviews-As user-generated content will be online, it's important to gather customer reviews separately from everyone who has tried your product. You can ask your customers to share their experience by using your unique hashtag or by tagging you so that you can get to know about the pros and cons of your product.
This way, if any suggestion or improvement will be needed in your product you can do it as per accordance to your customers’ choice. You can save all these customer reviews to use next time when any new customer visits your business.
- Run a contest - The best way to increase your brand popularity is to host or run a contest through UGC. You can run a contest according to the product you deal with. Like if you deal with a fair brand, you can run a contest, with people doing their makeup with your products. Or if you run a clothing brand, then you can host a contest of styling or grooming.
This way, people can use your brand products and have trust in your brand. And they visit your store again and again to fulfil their desires. You can announce a small or large but attractive and unique prize from your business only. You can give a hamper or goodies of your brand. But yes, make sure to put some terms and conditions to be fulfilled for participating in the contest with a proper deadline.
So, with this blog, you must have been cleared with all doubts regarding user-generated content. It's no fancy thing, instead, it's a necessity of this internet-based world to grow and stabilize. The Internet world keeps growing and there's nothing that's stopping it, that's why you should adopt a UGC so that you may not lack when compared with your competitors. User-generated content can give much more than it is discussed in the blog. It's an attractive and a great way which does not require much search but proper platform research so that you can get the best out of it.